Monday, August 4, 2008

Quite Weekend

After a crazy week it's nice just to relax a bit! Thanks everyone for you thoughts, phone calls, and cards. I'm working extra hard to take care of us. Josh will continue training for Marathons-He was told he's "Healthy as a Horse" The menu at our house has changed but I was told last night I would be the best if I made triple chocolate brownies! How can you pass up being the best?

Josh and I went to the Home Expo and got a few ideas for our bathroom. We are going to remodel our full bath. It just needs to be updated. Josh reminds me this isn't going to be our house forever so I need to bring it down a notch. Which is fine because I would love to use the cash to go on vacation! I think we have the master plan all set we just need to meet with a contractor and get on the schedule.


Drew my nephew has his very own email account! He wrote me a great reply. He's playing Fantasy Football this year and got 1st pick! I think he's going to kick Gary's butt! Sorry Gar! Drew also played baseball this summer on two teams. He made us all very proud and brought home several trophies. I think he needs to get his picture taken with them, then I can post them so you can all see.

I made a trip out to the mall this weekend too. A little retail therapy goes a long way. I treated myself to a new running outfit. I now got a few miles under my belt but see no marathon in the future. But, I am going to run the 9-11 Arlington Memorial Race. It's a 5k around the Pentagon. Josh and I did it last year too!

Ju-Ju had an interesting Saturday. In the evening we got caught in the hail storm so we all raced back to the house. Ju-Ju is a chicken when it comes to thunder to add to the night we were walking him so he could do his "business" before he went to the groomers! After the storm he had to get his hair cut. Auntie Taloni said "He was a good boy and always is a good boy when he gets his hair cut. He listens so good!"
I cried at the pet store. They had cats and kittens inside. Either so sleepy or really playful. The sign read..."Last chance" Real tears! To the point I needed a hug. Josh said he's allergic and we couldn't have a cat then he reminded me they poop inside. I felt better when I saw a Cat Lady she said she already has 6 cats. I knew at that point some cats would go home with her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things have settled down at your house. I do however have a correction for you. The analogy is as strong and healthy as an ox. If you want to use a horse in your analogy it would read HUNG LIKE A HORSE which is more info than I really need.