Sunday, August 24, 2008

Expo!!!



Josh and I went out to the Dulles Expo for a Wine Tasting. It was awful! Looking back we were idiots for even going out there. To enter you had to pay an entrance fee and for a bracelet to test the wine. It was around $30. A bunch of Red Necks decided to get drunk! It was lovely, I'm sure 10yrs ago I would have done it with my friends and Josh agreed. We still went around tasting. And thought if we found a nice winery we would do a day trip to the vineyard. They had water to rinse your glass and spitters to empty it. It was a tasting so you don't have to drink it! Most stands had crackers to clean your palette. Josh and I have complete opposite taste buds. It usually makes cooking interesting here. I like Milk Chocolate he likes Dark Chocolate. I like chicken and fish he likes steaks...You get the idea. So of course I like sweet white wines he like dry red wine. I know now not even to try what he says is yummy-however don't trust the girl in the Nascar T-shirt either. I was at a stand and she suggested a white wine for me. . I took her suggestion, and threw-up in my mouth! I had tears in my eyes it was the worst wine I had ever had in my life! Josh still thinks it's funny. We settled on only one known vineyard that made our "Wine Bible" book. It's called "Hortons" they are a local wine. They use Norton Berry which originated in this area. I know next year not to go the Dulles Expo. I think we were spoiled from our tastings in Germany.

Almost two years ago Gary, Brig, Josh, and myself went to a Wine Tech. We did a tasting right at the end of the season. German wines is my favorite! We took a drive along the Rhine River and just got lucky. Josh drove but the rest of us had a great time. Thanks DD for getting us home safe. I should have taken a picture at the expo to show the the difference!


On Friday we had date night. We went to PF Chang's-Chinese Restaurant! It's made the list to NUMBER 1. We both loved what we ordered. I was so glad we had to hike back to the car! I needed a walk after eating everything on my plate. I loved the restaurant and the staff was really good. We just simply had a good time.

The rest of the weekend we spent running errands. We went to the grocery store and went for a couple long walks with Ju-Ju. It's a little sad because summers coming to the end. We will have a crazy fall. Visitors, traveling, and races! More to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of our Germany trip I think you and Josh are still hanging onto a couple bottles of wine that we picked up on that trip. Or maybe we did drink them. Hell I don't remember. Do you guys still have a lot of German wines or have you drank them all?

Laura said...

Hey Tiffany and Josh! Nice blog :) Hope all is well in D.C. If you ever want to come out to Colorado let us know!