Tuesday, August 16, 2011

You thought I lost interest!

We're back up and running. I need to fill you in with the past several months.
First off...Cole and I survived the Wisconsin weather! Yes it's true. We spent a lot of time at the local YMCA. I have a great workout buddy that I left behind but hope to see her and her family in the future.
Grandpa Bob is styling with a new bathroom and some new flooring. Hopefully my Dog isn't tracking up the floor too much but if he is, the new floor is so easy to clean it's ridiculous! What a world of difference.
Cole and I miss GB like crazy. Several nights out of the week Cole will want to call Grandpa Bob. I have to tell him he is sleeping. Which is so true! There is a 14 hours difference! One day ahead. So when Cole is ready to call Bob it's usually around 8-9 o'clock at night here which makes it the crack of dawn there. No one should call that early. But we make the exception once in awhile! Cole will ask GB "are you sleeping???" Gee I wonder!!! And from the sound of Grandpa's voice we know that he was curdle up in bed with his blankets. So they chat a second and Grandpa Bob gets to start his day early and have some coffee and read the paper before the birds are even up.

While Cole and I were surviving Wisconsin. Josh was traveling back from his deployment. I have the pictures of that posted on Facebook. He came home skinny as ever. But with several hot sticks and fish fries we fatted up in no time at all. Once we were a family again our time in Wisconsin flew by. Josh had several things to do back in DC. He had to in-process from his deployment then out-process from his last duty station. It was a tease to see him for a bit and then he had to leave so fast. Cole and I stayed behind in WI. It was too much for all of us to go. First the expense. We would need to buy Cole a ticket because now he's TWO!!! Then the logistics just didn't make sense. Josh had to be in Maryland, DC, and Virgina. Cole and I enjoyed our time with family and friends. Before our next big adventure. Moving to Japan. More to come on that.

No comments: