Sunday, July 20, 2008

Melting

You guessed it-It's so HOT here!!! Josh and I spent the last two days at the pool. With the heat index it's over 100 degrees. We still had a good weekend. Saturday morning we hit the Mount Vernon Trail. Josh ran and I roller bladed 13 miles. It was crazy hot we left the house before 7:30 am and it didn't really help. We spent the afternoon using my boss's pool. It's so peaceful. Josh read and I lounged around on a pool floaty. Ju-Ju came but he couldn't decide if he wanted to be inside or out. They have squirrels that he loves to chase but he would just get so hot and then would head inside. After 10 minutes of cooling off he would want to come back out. It was a game we played all day. Bella, Jeff and David's dog would pick up her little paws. Front, Back-Opposites because the concrete around the pool was too hot for her. It was so cute to watch. So needless to say the dogs spent most of the afternoon in the house looking out the window.

We started the morning early again with a walk/jog. It was already really hot. Today we shopped around at bathroom fixtures...We plan on making a few upgrades on our full bath. It desperately needs it! I had some good ideas and wanted to show Josh what I was talking about. He liked everything I showed him so the bathroom project is a Go! I had a contractor come and I should receive the bid/quoted in the mail this week. We then went to the pool on base. It felt so good to cool off. We had to pick up some groceries so it worked out to just be on base.

Drew is in tournaments for baseball. It sounds like they are doing really well.Keep up the good work Drew!

Gar and Brig are at the cabin and they sent me a picture on the phone of "their feet up by the fire"-They are so cruel!!! I'll get them back!

Tomorrow I have off of work-Which sounds great but really I'm getting shafted! I have to work next Sunday-Jeff (the owner of the store) is having back surgery so I agreed to help out at the store. I know-I'm a sucker! So in a nut shell-that was the weekend. We really aren't that exciting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cabin is the perfect spot to get together when you come to town in August. It is so much more relaxing than hanging out in Appleton. However if you want to see all your friends than Appleton is probably the place. Either way it will be nice to see you. It is to bad Josh wont be able to make this trip. I will have the coin he gave me in Germany just in case this is some kind of trick to get me to buy all the drinks. So long for now. Gary