Sunday, January 11, 2009

Catching Up


I didn't write a whole lot about Christmas. Josh and I had a wonderful time. It felt so good not to be at work and spend hours in our jammies! Ju-Ju loves all the attention and the snacks! I had wonderful packages sent! My Dad took good care of us this year-he went to a local candy shop in Appleton and bought chocolates. I wasn't the only one that got treats, Ju-Ju received cookies! We both got so many, the sad thing is my chocolates are gone and Ju-Ju still is working on his bag of cookies! Josh unwrapped tools.We haven't had too many projects recently but I'm sure he can use them as we start buying things for the baby.


Josh and Ju-Ju spoiled me rotten. We always go a little overboard over the holidays but it's nice because we both pick out great things for each other. I have a new bag which works out really handy with my extra drinks and snacks I tote to work. I also received a new makeup kit. I'm not really a master yet. I must of missed that stage when I was young but I have been practicing! I came across some pictures Josh's granny gave to us this summer. I took them to the photo store and had two photos of Josh, Brian, and Todd blown up. I think that surprised Josh the most. Josh also really loves his new red North Face coat.
Last was our surprise from Jeff and David (Owner/Boss at work) I was in the store Christmas Eve when David gave me my gift. He told me I had to wait to open it with Josh. So I took the gift and walked home. I have about a mile walk from the store to our house. I thought about tons of things we have in the store. It was so flippin heavy! I thought it was a bust or a statue. Really, to top it off I had to finish a few things in the office that day because I had spent so many days at a clients home-I knew I wasn't going to be in the store all day so I took Ju-Ju to work with me. So picture it-my new body! This heavy gift and my crazy dog walking home from the store. Finally when I made it home it didn't take Josh too long before he was home too. We opened the gift and came across at note. It Read:
Tiny fingers and tiny toes,
Bright baby eyes, cute baby nose;
Hear baby gurgles and baby sighs,
As New Mom and Dads sing lullabies.
Life will change, but that's okay;
It's fun to spend glad hours each day,
Take time for all the good
That comes along with parenthood.
Congratulations!
Our Christmas gift to you all is a new crib
for little nubs to lay.
So Ju-Ju can only look but stay away
We hope you find something for the little nub
A place he/she can call their hub.
Merry Christmas
Love jeff, david, & bella
Included in the package was a catalog of children furniture. So, we can pick out our own crib for the baby! It was like a scene from t.v. it was such a pleasant surprise I pretty sure we both could have shedded a tear! What an amazing gift.
Everyone was extra good to us this year!
I guess I need to explain a little...Awhile back when we were at one of the many doctor's appoint the dr. pointed out where the babies arms and legs are growing and refereed to them as nubs. Since then it really stuck and we have been calling the baby nubs! I know how sad is that. We do have both boy and girl names picked out but until then; I think we are just going to continue to call the baby nubs-Just don't tell he or she later! I know I wont be getting mom of the year award just because of that!
I feel bad because I don't have much to say about New Years. I went to bed extra early and didn't even make it to midnight. The following day we spent snacking away and watching movies with our friends. We were lazy but finally it wasn't because we were hung over!
So far January is flying by. My Brother Gary just celebrated another Birthday! They cooked on the grill and made tini's! Wish we could have been there.
Josh is back in school doing on-line courses. He seems to be adjusting-it's just a lot of reading to squeeze in his day or get papers in by the week's end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your tree!
Mary