Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kite Festival

When all the kites are flying you know it's the kick off for Cherry Blossoms!

Last weekend was a little chilly but a well worth trip to the monuments. I took several pictures and will probably post a few more. With the recent rain and the report that the weather is suppose to warm up to almost 80degrees this weekend -not that I'm rubbing it in to my WI friends...I can only imagine what the blossoms will look like this weekend.





Cole is a little young to handle his own kite but if we are in the DC area next year watch out-I've
been kite shopping! I took several notes. I know I will find the perfect kite. I decided it has a lot to do with the tail and string that you use. However, beauty always comes first and Cole with have to learn that with time about his mom! Our kite is gonnna ROCK!











The cool weather kept several people away. I'm not complaining, last year I was the size of a house and roamed around like cattle with all the other tourist! Now that I consider myself a local...I'm learning all the trick or should I say the in and outs to this city. Josh and I should just go out in running clothes I was almost sprinting at one point with Cole in his stroller! No place to go, have all the time in the world to get there and we were at a steady pace....and I'm pretty sure we were just training for the "Amazing Race."

No comments: