Sunday, December 7, 2008

I saw a snowflake!

Last night it finally tried to snow. After living years in WI, then going to Germany-I can say I truly miss snow. I shouldn't even write home about it because I don't think it would even be considered a dusting back in the Fox Cities-but a little white flake for some reason makes it feel a little more like the holidays! Josh misses the snow because Ju-Ju goes WILD! To add to the story I walked to the store and bought the ingredients to make cut out cookies. I made the dough, chilled it, baked them, and will be frosting this evening. If there are any left! Ju-Ju and Josh seem to think they are good before I frost and decorate them. Oh well!

We are still working crazy hours. For me this time of year it is to be expected. Families want there homes to look nice for the holidays. And in the fall we usually have the biggest sale of the year-which makes custom furniture ship (6-12). We also extend the hours. I can't wait until after the first of the year. The pressure of deadlines may kill me soon. The decorator I assist is getting really sick and burnt out-Last week he said "If the police ask, tell them I did it!" " No Drama, no mini series" He said that because he was ready to kill our boss/his partner! The holidays can put people in retail in a really good mood. Tis the season...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that it just makes the holiday season more REAL when there is snow. In Nebraska, I can't say that I miss it. However I always look forward to the first snow.

Hope that stress doesn't get the best of you!

Brig said...

We have had a crazy amount of snow here in WI this Dec. But, as a big fan of the "Snow Day" I love it!! :-)